GEMS recognises that experienced and qualified staff add value to build a long term relationship with an organisation and supports them in enhancing and developing their careers. We therefore prioritise staff induction, training, research and continuing professional development.
Well qualified teaching staff with relevant UK experience are carefully selected to complement the school ethos and be part of an innovative, energetic team dedicated to achieving the best from all students.
As part of our teaching philosophy, our teachers will:
- actively engage students in their own learning;
- systematically develop students learning skills so that they become increasingly independent;
- use assessment for learning techniques to help children to reflect on what they know and to set targets for the future;
- use stimulating activities in well paced lessons;
- set a high expectation of what children can achieve to motivate children to achieve their educational and personal goal to their fullest potential;
- create a purposeful atmosphere that promotes good learning;
The teaching team at GEMS Wellington Primary School will include committed professionals with high student expectations and a clear understanding of how to enable student achieve their educational and personal goals. Our training programmes are subject to stringent evaluation for quality assurance purposes and are continually updated to ensure that high standards of teaching and learning and cohesive team spirit are maintained.
All front of house staff participate in service and hospitality training to ensure that communication with parents is of the highest standard. Our ongoing programme of professional development ensures that the strategies, methods and resources used reflect the standards of best practice from around the world.